David McLaughlin, M.D. – Indianapolis Bioidentical Hormones Expert
Indianapolis Bioidentical Hormones Expert David McLaughlin, M.D. uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in his practice to help men and women enjoy optimal levels of health and wellness. Using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy allows Dr. McLaughlin to help his patients experience natural relief from the symptoms of hormone imbalance, deficiency and decline such as fatigue, irritability, depression, low libido, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, and more.
David McLaughlin, M.D. provides custom wellness programs designed for the unique needs of each individual patient. A large part of his practice is dedicated to treating both men and women who request Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). He also has an active GYN practice treating patients with endometriosis, uterine fibroids, polycystic ovaries, pelvic pain and uterine bleeding in Noblesville Indiana.
Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
Your body’s adrenal glands produce cortisol, a hormone that helps you have sufficient energy and manage stress. When you experience high levels of stress over an extended time, the adrenal glands can’t produce the cortisol that your body requires. This can lead to several complications, including persistent fatigue that doesn’t improve with rest, insomnia, headaches, depression, cravings for salty foods, and difficulty with motivation and concentration. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy replenishes the cortisol that your body lacks so you can feel energetic and enthused about life again.
- Andropause, which is the male equivalent of menopause, can start as early as age 30. This is the typical age when men’s bodies start decreasing production of testosterone. However, most men don’t recognize the effects of testosterone balance until at least a decade later. Common symptoms include thinning hair, weight gain, loss of muscle tone, erectile dysfunction, low libido, fatigue, and depression. Restoring testosterone with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men feel as energetic as they did as a young adult.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Although similar to adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue has several important differences. The latter problem tends to develop when you don’t receive proper treatment for adrenal fatigue. Persistent fatigue and headaches are two areas where the syndromes overlap. Unique symptoms of chronic fatigue include swollen lymph nodes, aches and pains throughout the body, and a chronic sore throat. Discovering the cause of chronic fatigue and treating it with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help restore your energy level.
- This condition occurs when your body produces an excess amount of thyroid hormones. Symptoms include anxiety and panic attacks, weight loss without dieting, heat intolerance, increased heart rate, and insomnia. Unfortunately, the standard measurements for determining a thyroid imbalance are often incorrect. If your doctor has told you that your thyroid is fine but you suspect otherwise, contact David McLaughlin, M.D. about starting Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- When your thyroid gland fails to produce enough hormones, you may struggle with the symptoms of hypothyroidism. These include weight gain, depression, low libido, foggy thinking, cold intolerance, loss of body hair, and constipation. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to speed up your metabolism, making it easier for you to reach your weight loss goals. It also helps to reduce or eliminate the other symptoms.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin is an essential hormone to keep your blood sugar levels stable. Your pancreas may not be able to keep up with production if you eat a diet high in sugar and carbohydrates or you have a genetic predisposition to diabetes. Balancing insulin levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to even out blood sugar, which is essential to prevent a diagnosis of Type II diabetes.
Women complete menopause once they have gone an entire year without a menstrual period. Numerous symptoms can occur at this time since estrogen levels are extremely low. The most common ones include hot flashes, night sweats, low libido, painful intercourse, thinning hair, loss of bone density, inability to concentrate and remember important details, fatigue, and mood swings. While menopause may be a natural part of life, suffering isn’t inevitable. Women who undergo Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Carmel, Indiana can get through this transition with ease.
- The symptoms of perimenopause may first appear in the mid 30s and continue for more than 10 years. That is a long time for women to put up with feeling anything less than their best. Typical indications that perimenopause has started include bloating, increased premenstrual symptoms, irregular menstrual periods, headaches, fatigue, mood swings, and feeling mentally foggy. Balancing the hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help alleviate these symptoms.
This alternative means of balancing hormones offers numerous long-term benefits to men and women who struggle with the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Because its ingredients come from plants rather than animal by-products, you experience fast resolution of your symptoms. You may even be able to reverse your health condition entirely.
Contact Indianapolis Bioidentical Hormone Expert, David McLaughlin, M.D. of Men’s and Women’s Specialty Health Centers in Noblesville, today to learn more about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and the benefits of hormone optimization. Experience the difference that personalized care can make in your health, schedule your Bioidentical Hormones consultation today.